The Power of Now Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Power of Now understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about the use of your personal data. We respect and value the privacy of our members. This privacy statement explains what personal data or information we collect from people who visit our website and how we use it. We would encourage you to read the information below and to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Who We Are ?
The Power of Now is the trading name of Neil French. Contact address : 2 The Granary, Coosebean, Truro, Cornwall TR4 9EA.
What Information do we Collect ?
We may collect personal data about members, newsletter subscribers and individuals enquiring about events. The personal information we collect may include your name, address and email address.
How do we collect data and information from you ?
We collect personal information about you when you :
- Make an enquiry via our website or via the telephone
- Attend one of our events or retreats
- Subscribe to our newsletter or Present Moment Reminders
- Use our website
- Communicate with us via email
How is your information used ?
We collect your personal data or information to operate our business effectively and to provide you with a high quality service. We may use your information :
- To deliver our range of services to you
- To manage the organisation of our events and retreats
- To promote our events on social media
- To maintain security of our IT infrastructure
- To share Present Moment Reminders with you, if you have subscribed to receive them
- To share our newsletter with you, if you have subscribed to receive it.
We believe that all these purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the business and our contractual requirements to deliver services you have requested from us.
Newsletter & Present Moment Reminder Subscribers
As a subscriber to our newsletter and/or Present Moment Reminders you will have opted-in to receive such notifications. We may hold the following information about you.
- Name and contact information
We store your information in our website management system, which uses secure servers in the UK. We use Mailchimp to manage the distribution of our newsletters and Present Moment Reminders, who’s servers are based in the USA, which means your data is transferred outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
When you make an enquiry about our events or services, we may hold the following information about you :
- Name and contact information
- Information you provide within your initial enquiry
- Communications with you relating to your enquiry, prior to any bookings you make or services you request.
We store information in our website management system, which uses secure servers based within the UK.
Who has access to your information ?
We limit access to your personal data to those who have a legitimate need to know and ensure they are aware of the duty of confidentiality.
We do not sell or rent your personal data or information to any third part or share information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may pass information about you onto other parties as required to provide services for you.
What are your rights ?
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always uphold :
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate. Please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this policy statement.
- The right to restrict the processing of your data.
- The right to object to using your personal data for a particular purpose.
- The right to withdraw consent.
For more information about how we use your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
It is important that your personal data is kept up to date. If nay of your personal data we hold about you change, please keep us informed.
How to access your personal data
If you want to know what personal data we have about you you can ask us for details.This can be made in in writing, either via email or via the postal address shown below, or verbally, either in person or on the phone.
Cookie information for visitors to our website
We monitor this data in order to be able to adapt and improve the site and its content according to our users’ needs. No personally identifiable information is recorded via these cookies – all statistical data we track is completely anonymous. We are grateful to people who accept cookies onto their computer as they are part of allowing the website to provide a better experience.
Links to other websites
How do i contact you ?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make an access request, please use the following details :
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address : 2 The Granary, Coosebean, Truro TR4 9EA